Omni Amelia Island Resort and Omni Jacksonville Hotel Reopen and Introduce Enhanced Health and Safety Measures
In addition to Omni Hotels & Resorts’ brand-wide safety program, the properties are following local mandates and guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention and American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA)
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (May 21, 2020) – Omni Amelia Island Resort and Omni Jacksonville Hotel have proudly and safely re-opened their doors. As part of reopening, the hotels are following new protocols and safety measures put in place as part of Omni Hotels & Resorts’ brand-wide program, Omni Safe & Clean.
The program is part of the hotel brand’s new “Stay A Part Of” campaign. Even with empty hotel rooms and closed doors, Omni Amelia Island Resort and Omni Jacksonville Hotel were determined to demonstrate how the true meaning of hospitality transcends physical barriers. At a time when the world is being told to socially distance and physically stay apart from one another, Omni has launched its new Stay A Part Of campaign to encourage guests and associates to Stay A Part Of what matters most during this unprecedented time. The spirit of this campaign laid the foundation for Omni as its associates worked diligently to adapt traditional hotel operations for reopening in a post COVID-19 world.
“While our doors have been closed, we have worked tirelessly to ensure we can provide our guests a safe stay when they feel comfortable returning,” said Peter Strebel, president of Omni Hotels & Resorts. “I think we’re all really craving togetherness right now and we look forward to hosting families and friends again, allowing them to make memories together that will inevitably be a little sweeter after all of this time apart.”
Omni Safe & Clean guarantees that Omni Amelia Island Resort and Omni Jacksonville Hotel will Stay A Part Of Safety with new guidelines including:
- All associates will wear masks and gloves and will be subject to daily health screenings, including daily temperature checks
- Check-in and -out process will be limited or contactless wherever possible
- Room keys will be disinfected
- Additional staff members will be scheduled to clean high-traffic areas
- Additional guest sanitizing stations will be added throughout the hotel
- Lobby furniture will be repositioned, allowing for social distancing
- High-touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected every hour
- Room service/housekeeping will deliver items to guests without contact
- Elevated disinfecting will take place after each guest’s stay
- High foot traffic areas will be designated as one-way passages and include wider aisles wherever possible
- Physical distancing indicators will be placed on the ground at key waiting areas such as hotel check-in, event registration, hostess stations and food lines to help attendees maintain necessary distance
Additionally, the hotels are committed to Stay A Part Of Hospitality through various aspects:
- Stay A Part Of Travel: Omni is offering Select Guest members (or new members), a 30 percent discount on best available rates on new bookings made now through September 5, 2020, for stays now through September 12, 2020. Offer is subject to availability with more information located HERE.
- Stay A Part Of Community: In partnership with Feeding America, Omni helps provide one meal for every completed stay through its Say Goodnight to Hunger program. Omni is committed to helping local communities during these trying times, and donations will be doubled for any group bookingsmade throughout the summer months.
About Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni Hotels & Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinct luxury hotels and resorts in leading business and leisure destinations across North America. With more than 25 iconic golf courses and 16 award-winning spas featured in dynamic locales nationwide, every Omni proudly opens its doors to share the true spirit of its destination. Reflected through local color, personalized service, unique wellness options, signature restaurants and creative culinary offerings, Omni leaves a lasting impression with every guest and a heightened level of recognition and rewards delivered through its Select Guest loyalty program. As a founding member of the Global Hotel Alliance, Select Guest is further expanded through the DISCOVERY® loyalty program offering members additional global benefits. Omni is committed to reducing hunger and is on a mission through its Say Goodnight to Hunger initiative to provide millions of meals each year for food banks to feed children, families and seniors in communities in which it operates. Omni Hotels & Resorts is the official hotel of the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions. For information or to book accommodations, visit omnihotels.com or call 1-800-The-Omni.